The Project Manager must collaborate with the lead architect, developers, business analysts, production control, business operations and Adaptive Processing Solutions (APS) company management and executives to determine and define the needed phases and activities to successfully deploy our software and services within the scope of the Customer/Partner agreement. These responsibilities include managing the customer relationship, communications, and meeting planning to coordinate the scope of the engagement, deliverables, and schedule and to facilitate the project with APS resources to ensure accurate and predictable project completion. You will oversee day-to-day activities relating to the project to ensure each project remains on schedule and on budget. You must create, maintain and track project plans and schedules, cost estimates, and problem logs throughout the life of the project and during the project warranty period. Providing routine status reports to clients and management is crucial. You must also offer leadership, guidance, and motivation to the APS project team while resolving internal conflicts. Other common tasks include allocating company resources, conducting software team meetings, troubleshooting technical issues, and facilitating the deployment of software upgrades.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Management of all aspects of project definition and execution including but not limited to project planning and definition, resource planning and coordination, project management and execution, and project communications, including leading all scrum meetings, status reporting, escalations, and Customer/Partner training and start-up.
- Communicates and works closely with clients to provide ad hoc training and utilization knowledge to ensure clients’ maximum benefit from APS products and services.
- Serves as the project’s primary customer relationship manager with clients to liaison information between clients and APS management and IT team.
- Continuous process improvement for APS’ SDLC, implementation planning and execution, Best Practice project methodology, and project and issue status management.
- Supports the IT team in understanding clients’ requirements and needs. Engages with both client and IT cross-functional teams during design, start-up, and ongoing project and support phases.
- Have a strong knowledge of APS products and services.
- Participate in the implementation of agreed-upon solutions and strategies.
- Serve as a technical contact on projects as assigned.
- Serve as an escalation point for technical issues at the team level.
- Troubleshoot client issues, communicate, and work with APS teams to identify and implement solutions.
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or problems.
- Liaison relating to outstanding issues with project teams, strategic business partners, IT, Business Operations, and management to ensure customer success and benefit.
- Work independently on tasks with minimal guidance.
- Deliver regular status updates to the project team and management.
- Evaluate and recommend process and technology improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree – MS preferred.
- PMP, MPM Certification, or comparable.
- SCRUM Master is highly valued.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in progressively complex projects.
- Insurance or Healthcare background preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Management & Administration
- Exhibit strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Provide consistent follow-up on incidents/changes until long-term objectives are completed.
- Help form and meet project schedules and timelines.
- Utilize APS internal systems and processes to record and track incidents, requirements, and objectives through closure.
- Submit monthly activity and status reports.
- Work with internal business units to understand needs, technology landscape, and changing requirements.
- Understand APS product lines and supported technologies.
- Understand internal business processes and how they affect the company.
- Understand strategic vision at the project level. Help form and implement project strategy.
- Translate business requirements.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- In-depth knowledge of full lifecycle project management and web-based software development including gathering requirements, business analysis, web usability and interface design, testing, data validations, systems integration, data reporting tools, data management, quality assurance, and end-user support.
- Experience with multiple project management methodologies including at least 1 Agile framework. SCRUM experience is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to identify and deal with project risks including solving complex problems.
- The ability to not only adapt to change but to lead team change.
- Knowledge of .NET framework, web-based applications, and MS/Office including specific expertise with MS/Excel, Visio, and Word.
- Expert knowledge in the use of MS/Project or other project management software.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to set the scope and deliver quality results.
- Self-motivated with the ability to develop and manage project goals and deliverables.
- Ability to collaborate with business and technical teams to achieve desired results.
- Strong customer advocacy, with a focus on a business-balanced concentration.
- Strong working knowledge of MS/Office applications, web-based applications, and SDLC and ITSM.
- Ability to communicate and prioritize customer requests to support the development and maturity of APS offerings.
- Participate in developing Product Roadmap.
- Knowledge and understanding of service agreements and contracts.